Interesting facts about Amer Fort
• Amer fort or Amber fort is located a few steps from the main city of Jaipur. It is an significant tourist destination in this city.
• Amer fort was built in the 16th century, built by a trusted General of Akbar, Maan Singh.
• Later, Maan began to dominate the area surrounding the fort that was called the Amer state. The fort is now called Fort Amer and the city is called Jaipur.
Timing of Amer Fort
The fort is located 11 km from the city of Jaipur. The fort is open for visits from 8 am until 6 pm. For more details on visiting hours, contact, 0141-2530293.
The tour of the elephant is available from the morning of 7:30 to the afternoon 12:30. The Hindi light show begins at 8 pm and the English light show begins at 7:30 pm in the evening.
Admission and entry fees
Foreign – INR 550 per person
Foreign students – 100 INR per person
Indians – INR 25 per person
Indian students – 10 INR per person
Light Show in English – 200 INR per person
Light Show in Hindi – 100 INR per person
Elephant Ride – INR 1100 Single or torque
Architecture of Amer Fort
Fort Amer was built with red sandstone and white sandstone. The fort remains a great example of ancient Indian architecture. It is known for its mixture of Rajput and the Hindu style of architecture and the mix of Hindu and Muslim style of ornament. The sculptures on the ceiling and walls are extraordinary features of this fort. There are many paintings from ancient hunting styles, portraits of important Rajput leaders and others. There is a series of doors in the fort and each has a unique structure and an architectural element to enjoy. You can find some buildings inside the fort, including Sheesh Mahal, Diwan-e-Aam, SukhMandir and others. We will see all the details.
1 Hall Of Public Audience
Hall of Public Audience or Diwan-e-Aam is a great hall that resides in supporting two rows of pillars. Each pillar is adorned. The room is open on three sides. The kings used to sit in the hall and listened to the questions of the common men. This room is known for its mosaic glass work. Kings also met with important ministers and guests in this room.
2 Sukh Mandir
SukhMandir or SukhNiwaas is a room made of sandalwood and ivory. It is located right across from the Hall of Public Hearing. There is a small canal running through it, which carries cold water. This is an ancient method of keeping the place fresh. Although the term “Mandir” is used in the name, it is not a temple. It is a room where kings and queens relax. The name can be translated as a pleasure residence.
3 Sheesh Mahal
Mirror Palace or Sheesh Mahal is the most beautiful part of this fort. This palace has been shown in many local films. The walls and ceilings of this palace are carved with beautiful flowers and other paintings made of glass. A queen of the fort used to sleep under the stars. It is said that the ancient custom of the land did not allow women to sleep in the open air. King called the best architects in the region to solve the problem. Thus, the palace of mirrors was built. It is said that if two candles are lit in the palace, it would resemble thousands of stars that shine in the ceiling.
4 Kesar Kyaari
The gardens of Mughal have a beauty that can not be counted by simple gardens that you see across the country. This part is located on Lake Maota. This garden is located opposite the fort. The garden is formed in shape of a star. Saffron flowers are said to have been planted in the garden. Now, climatic conditions do not allow the saffron plant to prosper in Jaipur. You can find beautiful flowering plants in the garden now.
5 Light Show
The light show takes place every night. The show focuses on the history of Jaipur and the fort. It shows the ancient anecdotes of the place, the sovereigns and others. The show lasts 50 minutes and runs in English and Hindi. Explore the Delhi Agra Jaipur Tour. This itinerary is designed to explore the historical city with beautiful Taj.
Itinerary Inside Amer fort
No matter which mode of transport you choose, you must enter the fort through the Suraj Pol, Sun Gate. You would start by entering the main courtyard called Jaleb Chowk. Ticketing for tickets and other tickets will be located in the courtyard. Some roads will lead you to Moon Gate, Chand Pol which is right in front of the gate of the Sun. You can also rent an audio guide or guide in the counter.From the door you will find a staircase that will take you to the main palace. There is a small staircase to the right which will take you to the temple of Siladevi. Visit the temple before visiting the main palace. The temple doors made of silver are famous for relief work.The main staircase would take you to the publicity room. From the hall you can find the apartments of the kings. Beyond that, you will see the Ganesh gate. Entering the door, you enter the Hall of Victory, famous for multi-mirror ceilings, marble relief and others. Opposite the lobby is the Hall of Pleasure, Sukh Niwas. You can also take a breathtaking view of Lake Maota from the Hall of Victory or Jai Mandir. In the fourth courtyard you will find the apartments of the queens which include the famous Mirror Palace.
Things to do in Amer FortThings to do in Amer Fort
• The tour of the elephant around the fort is a very important activity. The tour of the elephant ends in the afternoon. So plan to reach there in morning times.
• You can also opt for a four-wheel drive tour, which includes an hour’s wait of one hour. It costs about 300 rupees.
• Luminous Night Show
• Watch the fort illuminated from the bottom of the hill at night
• Visit of the museum and the garden inside the fort
• Panoramic view of the garden Char. You can see the whole city from here.
• Classical dance program which takes place in the evening in Sukh Mahal. Tickets will be available at the counter.
• Enjoying a meal at Surabhi Restaurant in the Fort which serves various cuisines
• Enjoying traditional puppet shows and songs. These are available during dinner time.
• The Turban Museum is free to enter the fort. You can find a large collection of turbans here.
• Besides the temple of Siladevi, you can find many temples in the palace with old havelies.